JOB DESCRIPTION – Lead Installer
The Lead Installer travels the united states as a representative of the Company marketing, installing and overseeing a crew of installers in the installation of fall protection. The position follows standard work methods in accordance with company policies and practices safe work habits to ensure installations are as efficient and safe as possible. A major part of this position is to provide a proactive interface between the internal customers and the technical staff to ensure effective installation of fall protection applications. To do so, strong problem solving skills are essential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. 100% travel
2. Supervises a crew of up to 10 installers and/or subcontractors and prioritizes work.
3. Responsible for arriving at airport, renting car and checking in at assigned hotel
1. Study job folder for scope of work to be done reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines. Laying out and setting up job accordingly.
2. Conducts regular one site safety meetings.
4. Contact customer when arriving at the job site and completes a walk-through, fulfilling all regular and advanced installation duties.
5. Verifies gang boxes arrived and the lifts and equipment required to do the install are in place. Orders any missing parts from office ASAP.
6. Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
7. Enforces and complies with all company and client required safety policies and procedures.
8. Interprets specifications and company policies to subordinates and/or contractors and enforces safety regulations. Analyzes and resolves work problems, including worker complaints and grievances.
9. Direct the activities of on-site and off-site consultants and sub-contractors.
10. Establish and maintain customer relationships.
11. Assists the project manager with conducting inspections, reports.
12. Inspects installs on a regular basis to ensure the work conforms to specifications, schedule and initiates any repair or replacement needs and/or adjustment of working procedures. Regularly communicates with the project manager regarding installation status.
13. Solve job related problems and ensure project success
14. Obtain customer sign-off on drawings and on the competed job
15. Look for opportunities to market the company and sell additional products and services
16. Train customer using an effective training process and excellent communication skills
17. Call for any removal of heavy equipment, Leaving the customer site in a neat condition
18. Ship out gang box and left over materials
19. Collaborate with office staff and support sales efforts
20. Other job related duties as assigned
1. Client/Customer Focus.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Technical Capacity.
5. Presentation Skills.
6. Project Management.
7. Time Management/Organizational Skills.
8. Leadership Skills
9. Decision Making/Problem solving.
10. Ethical Conduct.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but is essential in Influencing the work of others in the construction department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear and performs physical labor under adverse field conditions. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The team member must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. The team member lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively work at heights. The position requires good manual dexterity and multilimb coordination.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, hours vary by job.
This position requires 100% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Construction field experience
Preferred Education and Experience
1. OSHA 10 Certified
2. Boom and Scissor lift certification
3. CPR/First Aid
4. Experience with power tools
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Valid driver’s license
2. Valid personal credit card
3. Ability to climb stairs
4. Must be comfortable working at heights
5. Work safely with hand tools and power tools
6. Travel 100% of the time
7. Provide own cellular phone
8. Ability to work in a variety of environments both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather
9. Ability to lift and carry for short distances up to 100lbs
10. Must have personal set of hand tools
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United Sates.
FPA maintains an equal employment opportunity policy in all phases of employment and complies in full with all applicable laws. The Organization will monitor its practices in these areas and make sure we comply. Equal opportunity at FPA means that no employee, or applicant for employment, will be illegally discriminated against because of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected classification. Further no employee will receive adverse action due to disclosure of compensation information. Management is primarily responsible for seeing that FPA’s equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, but all employees share responsibility for making sure the policies are effective and apply to everyone. Any employees, including management, involved in discriminatory practices will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include termination. Any employee or applicant for employment who believes he or she has not been treated in accordance with this policy is urged to contact his or her supervisor or management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.