Reports to: Construction Team Leader
Travel the United States marketing and installing Fall Protection as representatives of the Company. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure installations are as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% travel
- Study job folder for scope of work to be done
- Responsible for arriving at airport, renting car and checking in at assigned hotel
- Contact customer when arriving at the job site and complete a walk-through
- Obtain customer sign-off on drawings and on the competed job
- Verify gang boxes arrived and what lifts or equipment will be required
- Lay out and set up job
- Order any missing parts from office ASAP
- Install equipment in a quality and timely manner always keeping safety in mind
- Solve job related problems and ensure project success
- Keep office informed of job progress and any barriers to a successful install
- Build relationships with customers to ensure a long term relationship
- Look for opportunities to market the company and sell additional products and services
- Train customer using an effective training process and excellent communication skills
- Call for any removal of heavy equipment
- Ship out gang box and left over materials
- Leave customer site in a neat condition
- Collaborate with office staff and support sales efforts
- Complete all paperwork accurately and submit on time
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and debris.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and performs physical labor under adverse field conditions. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively work at heights. The position requires good manual dexterity and multilimb coordination.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Hours Vary by Job.
This position requires 100% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Construction field experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- OSHA 10 Certified
- Boom and Scissor lift certification
- CPR/First Aid
- Experience with power tools
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid personal credit card
- Ability to climb stairs
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Work safely with hand tools and power tools
- Travel 100% of the time
- Provide own cellular phone
- Ability to work in a variety of environments both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Ability to lift and carry for short distances up to 100lbs
- Must have personal set of hand tools
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Authorized to work in the United Sates.
FPA maintains an equal employment opportunity policy in all phases of employment and complies in full with all applicable laws. The Organization will monitor its practices in these areas and make sure we comply. Equal opportunity at FPA means that no employee, or applicant for employment, will be illegally discriminated against because of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected classification. Further no employee will receive adverse action due to disclosure of compensation information. Management is primarily responsible for seeing that FPA’s equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, but all employees share responsibility for making sure the policies are effective and apply to everyone. Any employees, including management, involved in discriminatory practices will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include termination. Any employee or applicant for employment who believes he or she has not been treated in accordance with this policy is urged to contact his or her supervisor or management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.