Reports to: Sales and Marketing Manager
Execute sales strategy, initiate contact with existing and potential customers, identify needs and sell appropriate merchandise to meet those needs. Works with Fall Protection Specialist to ensure goals are met.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain assigned accounts.
- Call prospective customers and establish buying cycles, customer needs, and create a customer supplier relationship.
- Increase sales in respective accounts.
- Prepare sales information for customers.
- Establish buying influences, budgets and purchasing criteria for assigned accounts.
- Secure and place orders taking into consideration delivery dates and inventory levels for fulfillment.
- Provide support to customers over the pone and may conduct field visits as necessary.
- Resolves clients’ issues, researches problems and make recommendations for fall hazards.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Results Driven.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
The employee must have the physical ability to climb up to rooftops to perform a complete site inspection.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in Construction helpful
Preferred Education and Experience
- Sales experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Fall Protection Knowledge is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.