Reports to: Sales and Marketing Manager
The Fall Protection Specialist helps grow company’s relationship with Manufacturing Reps and Customers by traveling meeting with them taking measurements and pictures in order to solve their Fall Protection needs using technical, design skills, organizational and customer knowledge to assist them in applying the products/services to their needs. In addition, develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Makes sales contacts, researches customer needs and develops application of products and services submit bid requests forms, sketches, detail drawings, and photos
- Develops and delivers sales presentations and closes sales.
- Participates in sales forecasting and planning.
- Participates on a team with suggestions of development for new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products.
- Timely manages assigned sales budgets.
- Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers using established guidelines.
- Travel with or without Manufacturer Reps meeting potential new Clients, Customers, Setting appointments and site visits
- Identify your target customers and promote our full range of Fall Protection products we manufacture and install
- Following projects through from Beginning to end
- Read and interpret drawings on site and off.
- Maintain customer and potential customer database ZOHO
- Analyze project with in house design team and make recommendations to solve fall protection needs
- Build HySafe brand soft goods
- Create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Energetic and Confident who takes Initiative.
- Knowledge in reading drawings, using measuring tools and sketching
- Not afraid of Heights
- Presentation Skills.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
The employee must have the physical ability to climb up to rooftops to perform a complete site inspection.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Out-of-the-area and overnight travel is to be expected
Required Education and Experience
- Construction background
- 5 years of field sales experience or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced training in sales skills , Problem solving skills, and Ability to read and understand blueprint
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.