Reports to: CEO
The Application Engineer acts as a fall protection administrator to determine fall arrests and to implement and manage the design of fall protection needs. The position performs civil engineering design, calculations and some project administration of engineered fall protection.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Overall responsibility will include but not limited to the following as pertains to engineering and estimating:
- Prepares and writes departmental, reports, data, analysis and correspondence; while maintaining records, keeping files open for access by interested parties.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises estimating staff.
- Working with the construction and product development leaders, Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Coordinates with product development on all technical requirements to support the efforts of the sales team.
- Acts as the customer’s secondary technical representative from the company.
- Develops, reviews and implements methods and procedures for monitoring estimating such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports to inform management of current status of each project.
- Directs appropriate support for sales team, acting as sales support liaison; reviewing plans to meet all safety requirements.
- Makes technical visits and presentations on behalf of the company, to technical groups at various customers, potential customers, and other organizations; with our without a representative from our sales department.
- Annually reviews and recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Customer liaison, engaging in high-level contract negotiations and review for submittals, to assist sales department with formal product substitutions.
- Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers using established guidelines.
- Consults with engineers, architects, builders and contractors to discuss plans and compliance with various codes.
- Performs project design for engineering projects.
- Evaluates proposed building site plans performing surveying and assessments as needed in relation to fall protection requirements; making recommendations accordingly, processing and issuing required forms, as appropriate.
- Project Management.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Detail Oriented/Organized.
- Personal Effectiveness/Results Driven.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Learning Oriented.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
The employee must have the physical ability to climb up to rooftops to perform a complete site inspection.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four to six years’ related experience or training.
- Must possess acquired knowledge of all phases of complex construction activities and manufacturing processes
- Must be knowledgeable with ANSI Standards and OSHA Regulations
- Must have a good working knowledge of AutoCad
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree.
- minimum of 10 years of proven experience in design and construction
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Authorized to work in the US
FPA maintains an equal employment opportunity policy in all phases of employment and complies in full with all applicable laws. The Organization will monitor its practices in these areas and make sure we comply. Equal opportunity at FPA means that no employee, or applicant for employment, will be illegally discriminated against because of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected classification. Further no employee will receive adverse action due to disclosure of compensation information. Management is primarily responsible for seeing that FPA’s equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, but all employees share responsibility for making sure the policies are effective and apply to everyone. Any employees, including management, involved in discriminatory practices will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include termination. Any employee or applicant for employment who believes he or she has not been treated in accordance with this policy is urged to contact his or her supervisor or management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.